Rabu, 27 April 2011

Hati seorang isteri

Dari blog Surianiyahya.

A wife in distress

This is my first post on this blog, as I wish to share some of my thoughts on what it takes to be a wife.

A wife is one who takes on her husbands name, share a home with him, turn our house into a home, bear him children, raise them to be decent adults, and generally share his life , his ups and downs. No matter what the cost is to us we must and will stand by our man.

Up to now we have breezed through life comfortably, although there have been challenges thrown at us they were minor and were overcome easily.

Our biggest upset happened when my husband was charged and convicted with causing hurt to the ex PM by spraying him and others with a pepper spray. After 14 months we are still waiting to appeal the conviction as the written judgement has not been released by the court untill now.

However this piece is not about the case but about what I feel and how it affect me and my family.

Till now my heart skips a beat when I think my husband can be jailed for an offence that he did not do.
I was in despair when the judge pronounced him guilty and sentenced him to 6 month in prison, a very harsh sentence for a mild hurt. I could barely read the papers as the headlines declare him guilty.

As a good wife I had to stand by my man , I had to smile and pretend to be okay although my heart was bleeding for the injustice done to my man. As a good mother and grandmother I had to calm down and soothe my children and grandchildren who came home from school crying because their freinds said that my husband was in jail. I convinced them it was a mistake and that their father is home and will never go to prison. I know that my husband is innocent and I trusted our judiciary system. Although lately the judiciary seem to be toeing the line and seem to be taking the safe way out, I wonder?

I now sympathize with all the wives who are put through this distressing situation due to their husbands mistake or wrong doing, whether they are in the right or wrong, whether they are framed or setup. I am just a simple housewife with simple need and pleasures. I do not need to rock the world or make gigantic changes to mankind. I am happy just to rock my baby's cradle, cook and feed the family, and at night sleep in my beloved arms, safe and at peace.

I don't want to lie to save face, I don't want to read bad notice in the papers, I don;t want to watch the news on TV potraying my husband in a bad light. I pray that not only I but no woman should have to go through all these terrrible things.

I call upon all the husbands out there, before you do anything that may bring shame or hurt to your wife and family ,think or her and think of what she have to do and go through to over come the effects of your action.
Is it worth your moment of, power, or fame or enjoyment to cause harm to a lifetime togather.

Salaams
A wife in distress

Tiada ulasan: